17th September 2019
Applications are invited for the vacancy of Councillor
We have a vacancy for a parish councillor in Eynsford.
We are a friendly, but busy council and meet two times a month on the first Monday and third Thursday of the month. The council consists of 8 councillors supported by two part-time Clerks.
If you are keen to get more involved in the community, this is an excellent opportunity. The role of councillor is voluntary, but you may reclaim out of pocket expenses incurred while fulfilling your duties.
Parish Councils are the third tier of local government and we have a variety of powers and are also statutory consultees on a variety of issues.
Our work includes:
- Responding to consultations on planning applications in the parish.
- Responding to consultations on planning policy.
- Lobbying for changes and improvements to Highways safety, and schemes and requesting repairs.
- Working with other village organisations on community initiatives and changes to our village environment.
- Maintaining green recreation and verge areas within the village.
- Providing allotment plots for local residents.
- Maintaining buildings owned by the parish council.
- Maintaining and providing amenities such as litter bins and benches.
- Supporting local groups and charities.
- Communicating with Eynsford residents via our newsletter, website and social media.
Applicants must be:
- Age 18 or older
- Eligible to vote*
- Resident in Eynsford or within 4.8km for the past 12 months, or principally working in this area for the past 12 months.
- Without a criminal conviction resulting in a sentence in the past 5 years.
To find out more contact the Clerk on email@example.com or speak to one of the Councillors.
To apply, please contact the Clerk for details. Deadline for applications: 15th November 2019