Halloween - Trick or Treat
31st October 2023
Many people enjoy celebrating halloween and dressing up. However, some people do not celebrate or may not feel safe, so please be considerate.
Kent police have provided the following guidelines for those considering trick or treating.
If you have young children:
• Never let young children go trick or treating on their own.
• Make sure they only visit people known to your family.
If you have teenagers:
• Make sure they are not going to be using alcohol, flour or eggs.
• Make it clear that if a ‘no trick or treat’ sign is displayed, they should leave straightaway.
• Make sure they do not travel alone and never go into the home of someone they do not know.
• Make sure they understand they must not frighten people.
Display the front of this poster in a door or window if you would rather not be visited by Halloween callers no_trick_or_treat396.pdf
If you will welcome visitors, you could display this poster yes_trick_or_treat869.pdf