Your New Village Hall: Have Your Say!
6th April 2021
Eynsford residents are invited to give their views on plans for a new village hall in Eynsford.
After over 10 years of work, we have planning permission for the relocation of the football pitch and the building of a new village hall at Harrow Meadow to provide an exciting new community facility.
Following previous consultations with residents, hall users and our football clubs, designs for a fantastic community hall have been approved.
In a survey of residents in 2011 97% of respondents said that 'the activities and events at the village hall strengthen Eynsford's sense of community and make Eynsford a good place to live.'
Key aspects of the project are:
- A brand new village hall at Harrow Meadow with flexible meeting areas, kitchen, café area and accessible toilet facilities with use of outdoor areas.
- An 'eco' hall with solar panels & other 'green' features.
- A 32-space new car parking area with 3 reserved disabled bays and electric vehicle charging points for use by hall users, villagers and members of the public.
- An improved, purpose-built football pitch.
- Retained children's playground and football changing rooms.
In order to make this project happen, Eynsford Parish Council needs to lease a section of Harrow Meadow to the Eynsford Village Hall Trustees to build the hall, and to agree a small land swap to allow for the creation of a new football pitch.
We would be grateful if you would complete this online questionnaire via this link. All responses must be received by 31st May. Thank you.